domestic violence victim services training
Who is this training for?
· Anyone interested in working in the field of domestic violence service provision
· Those working toward certification as a perpetrator treatment provider
· Anyone who works in the social service field
Why is this training necessary?
Domestic violence exists in all communities regardless of affluence, education, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, or orientation. Everyone can be a first responder for a friend, family member, neighbor, or acquantaintance who may be experiencing domestic violence.
What is the YWCA’s training approach?
Presented from the historic context of gender inequality and the many intersections between violence in the home and in the greater society, this training provides specific information on what domestic violence is from:
· A social and legal context
· How it impacts children, workplaces, and communities
· How we can all work together to keep victims safe and hold perpetrators accountable through a coordinated community response
Attendees must be present for all sessions in order to receive certification.
$275.00 for general public, $150.00 for students
Monday through Friday, March 17-21, 2014, 8:30 to 5:00 at the YWCA Pierce County, 405 Broadway, Tacoma 98402.
Questions? Call Jennine Devenuti at 253-272-4181, ext. 225 or email here.
· 30 hours of training sessions provided by experts on each topic, and a comprehensive manual (additional Domestic Violence Victim Services Manuals are available for $75.00 each).
· Continental breakfast and snacks provided for full-day sessions; lunch on your own.
· Class size is limited to the first 25 registrants per session.
To register for this training--download and complete the registration form then return it with your payment to:
YWCA Pierce County
Tacoma, WA 98402
Or call: (253) 272-4181 ext. 221 / fax: (253) 597-6683
Email to: email@example.com
Check, Purchase Order, Visa/MasterCard/American Express/Discover accepted.
If you have questions, please contact Jennine Devenuti, Education & Outreach Manager at (253) 272-4181 ext. 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.