March 17, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
YWCA Pierce County, 405 Broadway
$80 (includes comprehensive handouts)
Who should attend this training: Anyone who supervises staff or who wants to supervise staff in the future.
Description: An in-depth dive into what it means to feel supported at work and answer questions like “what makes your day easy versus hard, satisfying versus draining?” The goal for this session is that you learn practical tips and tools for successfully supervising staff and creating a workplace where employees are happy and thrive.
• Creating a staff wellness program
• How the work environment (physical space) effects clients & staff
• Dealing with difficult employees and/or clients
• Coaching skills to empower employees to solve problems
• Making sure the right people are in the right jobs
• Interviewing techniques to improve your hiring practice
• Protecting your workplace from potential lawsuits. In other words, what to do when the going gets tough
• Communication strategies that work
• Identifying and understanding leadership styles and what it means to work in a strength-based organization
• Sustainability: Concrete ideas that lead to higher workplace moral
• Walking the Walk: Practical ideas on creating policies that reinforce a positive work environment
• Tools that help staff focus on what matters most for clients and their own well-being
• Learning the difference and importance of informal vs. formal disciplinary action
*No refunds will be given for community trainings. If you cannot make the date you registered for, you have the option to exchange it for a future training date.