We would be unable to meet the basic needs of all of our clients without help from community members like you. Your donations make a difference to all of our clients, year round.
We only accept new, unused, unexpired donations.
|Click here for our list of Current Needs
Shop our Amazon Wish List for ongoing needs by clicking here
Items ship directly to YWCA! Make sure to select YWCA Pierce County as the shipping address during check-out.
NATURAL HAIR CARE NEEDS
Shop our Natural Hair Care Amazon Wish List
HOUSING PROGRAM NEEDS
Shop our Housing Program needs Amazon Wish List
WE CAN ACCEPT
At the YWCA Pierce County, we only accept new, unused, unexpired donations. We do this because we firmly believe that the dignity that comes from being able to have new items when fleeing domestic violence brings healing and encouragement to our clients.
Everyday items that you may take for granted can help survivors begin to feel confident about beginning their path towards an independent life. Whether they are staying in our shelter or are a community member, receiving new items help to create a comfortable, beautiful environment where survivors can feel more independent and able to begin their path towards healing.
DONATION DROP OFF
Please do not take donations to our shelter. Due to security reasons, they cannot accept donations. Our administration offices are open for donations Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm, at 405 Broadway in Tacoma.
Does your group or organization want to do a donation drive? Our donation needs fluctuate throughout the year, so please contact us to see what the greatest need is currently.
- Contact our Development Manager to determine if the items you’d like to donate are needed and can be accepted. If we’re unable to accept your donation, we will do our best to direct you to other organizations in need. Please note that agencies we refer you to may not be able to accept your items.
- Schedule all donation drop-offs with our staff. You can drop off without calling ahead, but it is appreciated as it gives our staff time to be prepared to assist you in unloading your items.
- Donate brand new, unopened, unexpired items.
- Donate only full-size toiletry and household items.
- Complete an in-kind donation form. It is required if you’d like a tax acknowledgment letter, and it helps us keep up with donations received. You can download the form here.
Donate your used cell phones to YWCA Pierce County--working or not. Some will become emergency phones for domestic violence survivors, and others will be recycled by the YWCA. For every phone we recycle, YWCA Pierce County will receive funding to support our programs and services.
Can’t donate something to us but still want to find somewhere? Please refer to our donation referral list for some ideas. (Please note: Just because an organization is on this list does not mean that they will accept your donation.) If you can't find what you are looking for on this list, please refer to Pierce County Donation List.
If you have any questions please contact our Fund Development Manager at 253-272-4181 ext. 246 or email@example.com